In these applications it is not possible to utilize a plasma torch because of the diameter of the torch body and the maximum thickness capability. For this reason the Ficep robotic coping systems come equipped with both an oxy-fuel and plasma torch integrated into the robot head with a change over time of just one second.
The robot is equipped with a laser scanner that in a matter of seconds surveys the actual profile surfaces so it is not necessary to probe with the torch for each start location.
- The torch hose and cables are integrated into the arm of the robot to eliminate potential damage from sparks, plasma dust and cable whip.
- The Cartesian robot design minimizes the axis movement when compared to general purpose robots that generally have to engage all axis to achieve a thermally generated cut.
The drill/coper tandem system has many advantages such as:
- Requires less than half the space of a conventional split system.
- Smaller capital investment.
- Single operator.
- The drill operator no longer waits for the coper operator or vice versa.
- Positioning of the coper after the drill eliminates the minimum length finished part that can be off loaded on the exit side of the system.
- One common CNC controls all of the functions of the coper and the drill automatically.
- Full robotic programmable motion for weld prep in both flanges and the web.
- Ability to cut the bottom side of square tubes.
- Optimized routine copes the trailing end of one section, leading end of the next section and cuts the sections to length in one optimized cycle.
- Low maintenance cost due to the utilization of a standard PC platform.
- The Ficep software eliminates the requirement for additional hardware such as third party axis control boards, PLC hardware and encoder switching boards.
- The Ficep Windows based control is provided with the proprietary Ficep software for remote diagnostics through an internet connection.
- Full single and compound miter cutting so the flange cuts accurately align with the web miter angle.
- Full integration of drilling, coping, end preparation, cut off and more!!!!
To Learn More About This Product, Please Fill Out the Form Below –