- Rack and pinion positioning and measuring achieves an accuracy level that is second to none.
- The positioning accuracy is not effected by rust, scale, ice or snow on the section
- Automatic stock length measuring before the section is processed
- The positive rack and pinion system does not require calibration for changes in material type or conditions.
Ball screw spindle feed with uniform feed rate for exceptional tool life and the ability to:
- Milling of slotted holes
- Milling of rat holes and weld prep.
- Spindle speeds up to 5,000 RPM to maximize the utilization of carbide tools for drilling rates 10 times that of typical oil hole drills.
- The drill spindle and head feed as one unit for maximum rigidity
- Coolant through the spindle or external coolant capability per the program
- The Ficep drill spindle like today’s machining centers employs a spindle drive which eliminates the need for internal gears to reduce maintenance cost.
- Automatic tool changing on each spindle
- When different hole sizes are required in a section or from one section to the next, the tool is changed per the program
- Eliminates operator error
- When the drill requires replacement the software automatically changes the tool to a new drill of the same diameter.
- The full range of spindle speeds is available for any tool that is loaded into the magazine.
- The software automatically changes the required feeds and speeds based upon the tool that is loaded into the spindle.
- The fixed spindle design, mechanical feed and synchronization of the spindle feed and speed permits not just drilling but also
- Milling for slotted holes
The Ficep CNC lines feature a PC based CNC control with proprietary Ficep engineered software to ideally match the application of the drilling line with the CNC control.
- Low maintenance cost due to the utilization of a standard PC platform
- The Ficep software eliminates the requirement for additional hardware such as third party axis control boards, PLC hardware and encoder switching boards
The Ficep Windows based control is provided with the proprietary Ficep software for remote diagnostics through a internet connection.
To Learn More About This Product, Please Fill Out the Form Below –